Membership Sponsorship Program Guidelines
The Member Sponsorship Program is available to Alberta-based members of the RTNA and supports travel, registration, and other eligible expenses to attend conferences, workshops, and other events related to the theory and practice of knowledge translation.
- a maximum of $1500 CAD per application toward the cost of attending the event;
- applications will be accepted between April 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014;
- application approvals will be staggered to ensure funding availability throughout the year;
- funds will be released after the training event has taken place and we have received an expense form with original receipts along with your final report. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- applicant must be an Alberta-based member of the RTNA at the time of applying;
- applicant must clearly articulate: (a) the relevance of the event to the theory and/or practice of knowledge translation and (b) how participation in the event will contribute to improving the practice of knowledge translation within their work;
- applicant must include a supporting letter from their supervisor specifying (a) support for the applicant’s attendance at the event as employer paid work time and (b) organizational support for knowledge translation;
- applicant may receive a maximum of one member sponsorship once every two years.
Applications will be reviewed by Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS). AIHS has the sole authority to approve or reject applications. AIHS may, at its own discretion, delegate application review to an external committee.
Approval of funding requests will be based upon the following criteria:
- application meets all funding eligibility requirements;
- sufficient funding is available for the duration of the fiscal year;
- approved applicants represent geographical diversity within Alberta;
- approved applicants represent a diversity of sectors (e.g., research, practice, policy) and perspectives.
Deliverables of Funded Applicants
Approved applicants are required to provide the following deliverables as a condition of funding:
- a detailed expense claim form that includes original receipts (expense claim form will be provided);
- completion of a report that highlights learnings from the event attended (template will be provided);
- participation and contribution to knowledge translation within the RTNA membership (may include, but is not limited to delivery of their presentation using a podcast or webinar);
- participation and contribution to the evaluation of the RTNA Member Sponsorship program (this may include, but is not limited to, completion of an evaluation survey).