What is KT?
About the RTNA
Sponsorship & Grants
Learning & Networking
Education Community Outreach
AIHS Knowledge-to-Action Grant
Application deadline for the November 2013 Knowledge-to-Action Grant competition: November 15, 2013 at 4:00pm
AIHS defines knowledge translation (KT) as a deliberate process of information exchange between producers and potential users of research to support evidence-informed decision-making and decision-maker informed research, ultimately for the betterment of the health and well-being of individuals.
What is the Knowledge-to-Action Grant?
The Alberta Innovates - Health Solution Knowledge-to-Action (KTA) Grant opportunity is intended to support the uptake of research evidence into health policy, practice and commercial development of products; and to help build on the growing body of evidence for the most effective ways to approach knowledge translation (KT). The KTA Grant is a competitive, peer-reviewed award.
Level of funding: To a maximum of $25,000
Term: One year, non-renewable
What are the Objectives of the KTA Grant?
The objectives of the KTA Grant are to:
- Facilitate the movement of health research and innovation discoveries toward practical applications;
- Support the translation of research activities that are aligned with the thematic priority areas defined in Alberta’s Health Research and Innovation Strategy and other priorities identified by AIHS;
- Catalyze and support collaborative ways of integrating KT throughout the health research and innovation system;
- Advance the understanding of effective KT, improve the practice of KT, and support innovation and the use of research evidence in decision-making; and
- Support commercial development of research discoveries.
A critical component of the KTA Grant is the evaluation of results, and demonstrating how these add to the body of knowledge on effective KT. The evaluation could focus on the effectiveness of KT models and mechanisms; generating new KT models; addressing methodological questions in the conduct of KT research; and testing the effectiveness of processes to develop new, more effective KT strategies.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
To apply for a KTA Grant the principal applicant must have their primary affiliation with an Alberta-based organization. Grant funds will flow through the organization of the principal applicant.
How do I Apply?
Application deadline for the November 2013 Knowledge-to-Action Grant competition:
November 15, 2013 at 4:00 pm
Important: Please review the KTA Grant Program Guide before applying.
What is the review process?
All applications will be assessed by an interdisciplinary, cross-sectoral expert review committee with members who have excellent track records in areas across the Knowledge-to-Action cycle.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Assistant Director, Programs
Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions
Grants Coordinator, Programs
Alberta Innovates - Health Solutions