Interested in the research ethics and the rights and welfare of research participants?
The Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta is seeking members with expertise in research content and methodology, privacy and members of the community.
Jan. 24, 2017
The Health Research Ethics Board of Alberta is recruiting members with expertise in research content and methodology, privacy and members of the community. These include:
- General Practitioners
- Medical Oncologists
- Pediatric Oncologists
- Knowledge in Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Knowledge in Health Information Privacy
- Knowledgeable in Biologic Treatments
- Knowledge in Medical Devices
- Participants in Research
- Members of the Community
Successful nominees will join either the Clinical Trials Committee or the Cancer Committee to help ensure that the rights and welfare of research participants within the province of Alberta are adequately protected in accordance with regulatory requirements.
How to apply:
Visit us online for more information and to apply.
HREBA’s three committees provide ethics reviews of research throughout the province that relies on health information under the authority of the Alberta Health Information Act. These committees include:
- Clinical Trials Committee reviews clinical trials, with the exception of cancer-related trials, conducted in the community by physicians or other qualified health professionals.
- Cancer Committee reviews all cancer-related studies in the province.
- Community Health Committee reviews studies, with the exception of cancer-related studies or clinical trials, conducted in the community by principal investigators from all disciplines.