ACRC: Guiding Principles
The following principles are the foundation for the development of the sub-projects:
- Promote active engagement and participation of academic and community-based researchers and representatives from the healthcare organizations from across the province.
- Maximize the applicability to and accessibility in different types of clinical research environments
- It is through this collective participation that this provincial initiative is able to achieve shared the vision beyond the capabilities of a single organization.
- Best Practice
- Build on the province’s strengths by leveraging existing solutions that incorporates best practices and applicable guidelines in the development of the sub-projects
- Promote quality research and clarity that reduces risk to the researchers and institutions through adherence to standardized and common processes
- Align and benchmark with national and international organizations
- Reduce non-value added steps including those that do not contribute to quality, efficiency, informed decision-making and risk mitigation
- Reduce duplicative work and processes, seeking efficiencies including through technology
- Promote clarity and transparency in the processes with real time information
- Create efficiencies and simplicity through coordination of processes and the partner organizations
- Identify links between the sub-projects and in the roadmap
- Enhance accountability throughout the research study process
- Promote informed decision-making that helps maximize resource allocation and long-term value