Grants and Awards
AIHS Summer Studentships
- Term of Award
- Final Report
- Summer Studentship Awards
Alberta Innovates - Health Solutions Summer Studentships offer motivated students with exceptional academic records an opportunity to participate in medical or health research in Alberta during the summer months. The award is meant to encourage students to consider pursuing formal training and a career in health research. The award consists of a stipend only.
Those candidates who meet one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- registered in an Alberta-based undergraduate degree program in a medical or health-related field,
- registered in an undergraduate degree program outside of Alberta, and desiring to engage in research during the summer at an Alberta institution,
- registered in an M.D. program, and who may also hold an undergraduate or graduate degree,
- exceptional high school students with records of participation in the healthcare system, and a clear interest in pursuing a health research career,
- currently in the last term of their undergraduate degrees and who have applied either to Medical School or to a graduate program that would start in the coming Fall.
The award is tenable for a minimum of 2 months, and a maximum of 4 months during the period of May to August.
A faculty supervisor possessing both a record of productive health-oriented research and sufficient resources to ensure the satisfactory conduct of the research must sponsor the candidate.
The supervisor may sponsor no more than 2 summer students per year and each student must have a separate project.
The stipend is currently set at $1400 per month.
The candidate can only submit one application.
Applications must be submitted on current Summer Studentship application forms.
- Application form not currently available.
If you have any questions or concerns and would like to speak with someone at AIHS, please contact our Programs department at (780)423-5727 or email@example.com.
Results of the Summer Studentship competition are usually available approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the close of the competition. Candidates will be informed by their sponsoring institution regarding the outcome of their submission.
Summer Studentship awards are not renewable, but students are free to re-apply in subsequent years.
Students and supervisors will be required to submit a final report to AIHS upon completion of the award. Additional information will be provided to successful applicants.