PRIHS: Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Health System – 2015/2016
Currently Accepting Applications
Deadline: Mar. 31, 2016
Value & Term
No maximum amount set. Proposed budgets are to be customized to project need.
Maximum of three years. Projects of shorter duration are encouraged.
The 2015/2016 PRIHS application process is divided into two phases:
Phase I – Letter of Intent (LOI) deadline: September 24, 2015
Phase II – Full Application deadline: March 31, 2016 (by invitation only)
What is PRIHS?
The Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Health System (PRIHS) is a partnership between Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS) and Alberta Health Services (AHS) aimed at improving health outcomes for patients across Alberta.
The 2015/2016 PRIHS funding opportunity, in alignment with the strategic goals of the Alberta’s Health Research and Innovation Strategy (AHRIS), will support the implementation of evidence informed solutions to address specific health system challenges in Alberta through the AHS Strategic Clinical Networks (SCNs).
Each 2015/2016 PRIHS proposal must involve at least two SCNs in the development and implementation of the evidence informed solution. To be eligible for funding, every full application submitted to AIHS must be direct result of the Phase I process conducted by Alberta Health Services.
The 2015/2016 PRIHS will focus on supporting improvements in two dimensions of the Health Quality Council of Alberta’s Quality Matrix – appropriateness and efficiency – in areas defined by AHS and the SCNs.
- Appropriateness – health services that are relevant to user needs and are based on evidence-based practice.
- Efficiency – resources that are optimally used in achieving desired outcomes
More detailed information on the application process, eligibility and objectives can be found in the PRIHS Program Guide 2015/2016.
For more information:
Hameed Khan, MA, PhD, MBA, Lead, Health & Health Care Initiatives
- AIHS Annual Impact Reporting – ResearchFish FAQs
- PRIHS Program Guide 2015/2016 PDF (499 KB)
- PRIHS Full Application Form 2015/2016 PDF(501 KB)
- PRIHS Application – Biographical Sketch Page Word (45 KB)
- PRIHS Application – Cost Impact Worksheet Excel (47 KB)
- PRIHS – Frequently Asked Questions 2015/2016 PDF (264 KB)
Research & Innovation within Alberta Health Services
- Addiction & Mental Health
- Bone & Joint Health
- Cardiovascular Health & Stroke
- Critical Care
- Diabetes, Obesity & Nutrition
- Maternal, Newborn, Child & Youth Health
- Primary Health Care*
- Respiratory Health
- Seniors Health