Theme: Managing your Lab
Scientific Project Management
Documents available online:
- Guidebook for New Principal Investigators: Advice on Applying for a Grant, Writing Papers, Setting up a Research Team and Managing Your Time, Institute of Genetics, CIHR, 2005.
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty, Burroughs Wellcome Fund & Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2006.
- Staffing the Lab: Perspectives from Both Sides of the Bench, Burroughs Wellcome Fund.
- Nuts and Bolts of Managing a Research Lab(2 pages adapted from At the Helm and Making the Right Moves), UW Advance.
- Articles from Science Careers from the Journal Science
- An Interview with a Management Expert
- Avoiding Management Mistakes
- Competing for Grad Students
- Lab Leadership
- Managing Knowledge Workers
- Management in the Lab
- Pls, Professionalism, Productivity
- Project Management Part 1
- Project Management Part 2
- Relocating with the Lab
- Rules for Beginners
- Staffing your Lab