Theme: Funding your Research
Writing a Grant Application
- Guidebook for New Principal Investigators: Advice on Applying for a Grant, Writing Papers, Setting up a Research Team and Managing Your Time, Institute of Genetics, CIHR, 2005.
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty, Burroughs Wellcome Fund & Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2006.
- Grant Writing Tips, The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre.
- The Art of Grantsmanship by Jacob Kraicer
US - Based Resources
- Guide for Proposal Writing, National Science Foundation, 2004.
- Grant Writing Tip Sheets, NIH Institutes
- "All About Grants" Tutorials – National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (US)
Peer Review Information:
- Canada: CIHR: Understand Peer Review
- Nova Scotia: NSHRF: Peer Review Guidelines 2010-2011
- Saskatchewan: SHRF: Awards Guide 2010
- British Columbia: Michael Smith Health Research Foundation Review Process
- US: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease: New Investigator Guide to NIH Funding
- Australia: National Health and Medical Research Council – A Description of the Peer Review Process for Project Grant Applications to NHMRC
- United Kingdom - MRC Applicants Handbook 2010 - 2011