Acknowledging Alberta Innovates & logo downloads
In March 2016 the consolidation of Alberta Innovates was announced and on 1 November 2016 a single, integrated innovation powerhouse, Alberta Innovates, was formed.
Alberta Innovates trainees, researchers and innovators are all part of one of our province’s most valued resources—highly qualified people. By consistently acknowledging Alberta Innovates’ support, recipients add to the growing profile of our province as a centre of health research and innovation strength, made possible by the funding partnership between Alberta Innovates and our vital research community. It also helps ensure public awareness, engagement and support, so health research and innovation in our province continues to thrive.
The following is information in response to common questions received by funding recipients, partner agencies and internally by staff:
- Alberta Innovates is always spelled out in full. Please don’t use an acronym.
- When referring to a grant or award in a publication, use only Alberta Innovates along with the specific name of the award you received, as identified in your offer of award letter. See the examples in the table below.
- The award name should not be listed by itself without identifying Alberta Innovates.
- For more general audiences (i.e. websites, media), reference to Alberta Innovates is sufficient. (You don’t need to mention your specific award.)
|Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that your application for an Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS) Graduate Studentship Award was successful.||Alberta Innovates – Graduate Studentship in Health|
|I am very pleased to inform you that Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS) has approved your Collaborative Research & Innovation Opportunities (CRIO) [Team/Program/Project] application.||Alberta Innovates – Collaborative Research & Innovation Opportunities (CRIO) [Team/Program/Project]|
|On behalf of Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS) and Alberta Health Services (AHS), I am very pleased to inform you that AIHS has approved your Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Health System (PRIHS) application.||Alberta Innovates – Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Health System (PRIHS)|
Other examples of acknowledging an award granted through Alberta Innovates
- “The Alberta Provincial Pediatric EnTeric Infection Team is supported by a five-year, $5 million Collaborative Research & Innovation Opportunities (CRIO) Team award from Alberta Innovates.”
- “The Alberta Provincial Pediatric EnTeric Infection Team is supported by a Collaborative Research & Innovation Opportunities (CRIO) award from Alberta Innovates.”
- “The Alberta Provincial Pediatric EnTeric Infection Team is supported by funding from Alberta Innovates.”
Examples of acknowledging Alberta Innovates as a partner
- “Alberta’s SPOR SUPPORT Unit is a provincial partnership jointly funded by Alberta Innovates and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.”
- Media outlets are encouraged to link to albertainnovates.ca when referencing Alberta Innovates in articles and news stories.
colour – horizontal orientation
Format: png (transparent background)
colour – horizontal orientation
black – horizontal orientation
- If you require other formats or orientations, please contact us at the email addresses below.
- Please download the Alberta Innovates usage guidelines to ensure the logo is used as it should be. Please do not change the colour or crop any part of the logo.
Names, words, titles, phrases, logos, designs, graphics, icons and trademarks displayed on any of the Innovates websites or in the material may constitute registered or unregistered trademarks or official marks of Alberta Innovates or the Government of Alberta and licensed to Alberta Innovates.
Nothing on any of the Innovates websites should be interpreted as granting any license to use any trademark or official mark of the Alberta Innovates without the express prior written consent of the Government of Alberta or Alberta Innovates.
We request that organizations wishing to use the Alberta innovates logo obtain permission beforehand. To inquire about obtaining consent to use trademarks or official marks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contacts below: